Tuesday 3 January 2017

A Year of Reading

Happy New Year everyone!

Sitting in front of the tele on Boxing Day night I realised that it had been a whole year since I had watched the countdown of the top 50 children's books that inspired this blog, and my reading journey began!




On Jan 6th 2016 I embarked upon this project for real, and began subjecting you all to my reviews and ramblings! A whole year on and I've managed to read just over 10% of the list, which I think is pretty good, seeing as its been a part time reading challenge alongside my usual yearly book intake. So I'm 13 books down and there are many more exciting titles left to explore, such as Patrick Ness's A Monster Calls, This is Not my Hat by Jon Klassen and Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S Eliot. I'll admit that I have slowed down rather since the start of my MA in October, and I've not been devouring the books as quickly as I was during the summer. Carrie's War by Nina Bawden has been waiting patiently on my shelf for the last month! It's the next book on the list so I need to read it to get going again. I'll get on it soon! I am hoping that over the next few months I will rekindle my excitement for this project! I have promised myself that I will read more! I have also promised myself that I will keep a list of all the books I read this year, as I always seem to forget what I've read and when.

I've got a few more exciting things planned for Little Bookworm this year. I am hoping to expand what I write about, maybe a bit of critical theory, maybe a few interviews, maybe a bookshop tour or two, who knows. I just know that I should start exploring and experimenting with what I do here and hopefully good things will come of it! There has even been talk of starting a YouTube channel, so watch this space!

Anyway, this was just a quick post to mark the anniversary of my project I suppose. I'm planning another post, coming soon, about the books I received at Christmas, the ones I gifted, and I might even touch on the lovely adaptation of Michael Rosen's We're Going on a Bear Hunt too. And then of course there will be a post coming soon about Carrie's War!

Thanks for reading. L x

No comments:

Post a Comment