Monday 1 January 2018

Happy 2nd Birthday Little Bookworm!

Can you believe it, The Little Bookworm Blog is 2! Hooray!




In 2017 I slowed down slightly on the reading front due to other commitments, but i'm still well and truly committed to this project, and can't wait to get back on it this year. 2017 saw me read 11 books from the list (2 of which i've not yet reviewed so watch this space!), and in total I am nearly a quarter of the way through! I know that doesn't sound like much, but out of 100 I don't think that's too bad!

It's been really hard to pick a favourite from the 9 i've read and reviewed, so here are my top 3, along with the reviews for you read again.

1. Carrie's War by Nina Bawden, because of it's slightly Dickensian nature, and its touching themes.
2. Emil and the Detectives by Erich Kastner, because it was full of childhood fun, intrigue and excitement, despite appearing boring to begin with.
3. The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken, because frankly it was downright bizarre at times!

I've got to catch up with the reviews for 'Chresomanci: A Charmed Life' by Dianna Wynne Jones, and 'The Sheep Pig' by Dick King Smith, but i'm off to work on them now, so it wont be long.

This is just a short post, but I had to mark the blog's 2nd birthday somehow! Oh, and Happy New Year!

Thanks for reading, L x



No comments:

Post a Comment